Organic farming may be described as an agricultural procedure that uses biological fertilisers and pest control from animal or plant waste. It is like a system of farming that uses organic inputs like cow dung, green manures, etc., for cultivation. Natural Farming was indeed initiated as a solution to the environmental sufferings due to the usage of chemical pesticides and artificial fertilisers. In different phrases, organic farming is a new Farming or agriculture system that maintains, maintains, and improves the ecological balance.
Blessings of Organic Farming
Low-budget: In natural farming, no high priced fertilisers, pesticides, or HYV seeds are used to plant vegetation. Therefore, there is no greater fee.
Top return on investment: With the usage of cheaper and nearby inputs, a farmer could make a terrific return on funding.
excessive demand: There may be a big demand for natural merchandise in India and throughout the globe, which has the capacity to generate extra profits through exports. This is one of the main reasons why farmers are picking up organic Farming in India.
Nutritional: compared to chemical and fertiliser-utilised production, organic merchandise are more nourishing, tasty, and excellent for fitness.
Environment-friendly: The Farming of organic products is free of chemical substances and fertilisers, so it does not damage the surroundings.
There are two types of organic farming, and those are mentioned below.
integrated organic farming
Incorporated Natural Farming consists of integrating pest control and vitamins management to gain ecological requirements and needs.
pure organic farming
pure organic farming manner averting all synthetic chemical compounds. In this Farming system, all the fertilisers and insecticides are acquired from herbal assets, including bone meal or blood meal.
Why is organic farming a need in the 21st century?
- Excessive use of chemical fertilisers reduces the fertility of the soil.
- To conserve the ecosystem.
- Inexpensive farming.
- Increased demand for organic products due to the safety of food.
- Excessive use of chemicals has led to the soil, water, and air pollution.
Benefits of embracing organic farming;
There are several benefits of organic farming below mentioned are a few of the most important ones.
- Organic farming is more labour intensive. Hence, it generates more employment.
- Generates income through exports, increasing the source of income for farmers.
- Organic farming generates income for the sector of industry involved in the process.
- It uses organic inputs.
- Inexpensive process.
- Healthy and tasty food.
- Organic farming promotes sustainable development and sustainable use of natural resources.
- Organic farming is environment-friendly, so the carbon footprint left behind from organic is much less than today’s technologically advanced farming.
Three primary reasons why organic farming is relevant in today’s time
- Organic agriculture provides higher nutritional value than conventional farming methods.
- It is more profitable than the other farming techniques.
- Lastly, it offers new employment opportunities.
Agriculture development involves assisting farmers or crop producers by offering them diverse agricultural assistance and modern agriculture technology and presenting protection, helping within the research region, using superior techniques, checking pests, and facilitating diversity. These are important for agricultural development in an organic way.
Inside the colonial dominion, there was neither fairness nor growth in the agricultural division. However, the method and rule-makers of independent India addressed these problems via land reforms and advancing the farming technologies towards organic farming. Community-supported agriculture is a scheme under which the village community shapes a cooperative society for the cultivation of land within the village.
Consequently, natural farming can be known as the flagbearer of sustainable farming with all its environmental advantages. Moreover, with the growing need to feed more mouths within the future years, it’s of paramount importance to adopt this exercise to ensure that our organic sources can satisfy primary human needs.